The AQQA® filtration technology is used in drinking water treatment to:
- remove all non-dissolved substances from the water, like sediment, algea, particles, suspended solids, organic matter
- disinfection of the water by acting as a barrier for bacteria and virus
- remove particles from precipitation (removal of manganese, iron)
AQQA® will work in these waters:
- water from a river or lake. Task: Make drinking water for one person (AQQA®-bag) or a village (AQQA® )
- groundwater and bank filtrate. Task: Prefiltration for drinking water treatment, remove sand, disinfection
- sea water. Task: Prefiltration for reverse osmosis desalination systems.
- rain water. Task: make drinking water from rain water, disinfection, remove suspended solids
How do you benefit from using AQQA®in Drinking water applications?
- As AQQA® is designed for the tough environment of wastewater treatment, it can easily handle the amount of solids that are typically for drinking water applications.
- high output: filtration up to 100 l/m².h using air-bubble cleaning and regular chemical backflush. This mode is typically used in fixed installations like drinking water treatment plants
- ultra-low pressure filtration: filtration with approx. 4 to 5 l/m²h without electricity and without any cleaning. This is a unique feature of the AQQA®-plate: It can filtrate surface water 24 hours per day without plugging - for many months (see diagram below)